2010年5月5日 星期三

Acquaintance With A Warmhearted Foreign Couple In SL

I just found an interesting feature of SL, which is that you can easily meet foreigners and freely chat with them to build up friendship in it.
When I was "flying" in New York City, I saw a man and a woman standing in a room; out of curiosity, I descended beside them, and they started to talk to me. I told them I was new in SL, they said I need a better avatar (their avatars are really cool!). Actually I didn't really know how to change it, so they invited me to their "home" so that they could help me finish it.
Their home is a beautiful island. The man, whose name is Nerion in SL, is a French in RL; and his love (he calls her "my love"), mellie, is an American native. They bought the island in SL, and Nerion created all the things on it, naming it "Eagles island" because mellie loves eagles. Then we started to work on my avatar. I was awkward in using SL and was afraid that they would be angry at me, but they didn't; on the contrary, they patiently taught me in detail step by step, saying that they like to help new people in SL. They suggested me to make my avatar taller and try different skin colors; Nerion even gave me several skin colors to choose from!
Later they guided me to look around their island and their two-floored house. In their house, they started to teach me how to use gestures. mellie gave me a lot of gestures, and Nerion somehow made me dance, we three danced together for a long while! They asked me why I used SL, I said it was for a course, and they encouraged me to "learn as much as I can in SL" because Nerion himself also used SL to practice his English.
Before I left, I thanked sincerely for their help. mellie and I had a big-hug-goodbye, and they gave me L$100 as "welcome gift", saying that I could visit them anytime. Well, I'm sure I will visit them again, and I hope when we meet next time, I will be more skilled in using SL and also have a cool avatar!

沒有留言: